- 1 Cup Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- ½ Cup basil leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano (Or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar (Or more to taste)
- 1 Pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ Cup Holy Smoke Smoked Olive Oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place the first six ingredients in a blender. Turn the blender on the lowest setting and slowly drizzle Holy Smoke into the blender. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste. This is the point where you can add more vinegar or lemon juice if you want a little more zing to the sauce.
Traditionally in Argentina this is a classic steak sauce, but you can try it on fish, chicken, tacos, or just about anything you can think to put on it.
This should make about ¾ Cup of Chimichurri, and will stay refrigerated for a week. Enjoy!