SMOKED HONEY BUTTERMILK ICE CREAM
Smokey, tangy and sweet buttermilk ice cream with salted pecans
- 1 ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup plus 1 TB granulated sugar
- 3 TB smoked honey
- 3 TB light corn syrup
- 1 ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped salted pecans
- In a small saucepan, warm the cream over low heat with the sugar, honey and corn syrup, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Chill the mixture thoroughly, at least 8 hours.
- Stir the buttermilk into the chilled sweetened cream and freeze in an ice cream maker by the manufacturer’s directions. Right before it's done churning, add the pecans.
- Once churned, transfer the ice cream into a container, press plastic wrap on the top of the ice cream to prevent freezer burn. Freeze for a few hours until firm enough to scoop.